Sunday, October 25, 2009

Great Hall Lights

David gave me a Dremel-type rotary tool with a range of attachments, so I installed some lights in the Great Hall this morning.
I put a double sconce on the right wall by the door (it's a brass sconce I painted black), the flickering unit in the fireplace and a small pewter finish hanging lantern up in the minstrel's gallery.  I also want to build and install torches in this room, but this is a good start.

Here's what it looked like this evening:





2 comments:

  1. I'm amazed that you have no followers of your blog! You have posted a lot of content, and the pictures are quite striking. I like what you're doing with your great room and how the fireplace looks. It's quite artistically done so far.

    I saw your post about the miniature store in Toronto. I wish I'd known about it. I took my family to Toronto about 10 years ago, and we would have loved to have seen the shop. We went out and did Cullen Gardens, which we thoroughly enjoyed.
    G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, George! I really appreciate your comment -- it's quite a new blog, and my hope is that it may be of some use to someone down the road. I know that other people's blogs have been really helpful to me, so I hope to give a little back.

    Cullen Gardens is marvellous, isn't it? As a child I was just captivated by the scale and details of the place. Maybe that's when our love of miniatures is born -- when we're children, and so many things are so much larger than us, and we see something big cut down to size :)

    Thanks again for writing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails