Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hydrangeas out of season :)

I made up the Bonnie Lavish hydrangea kit last night.  (You were right, Janice, it was fun!)  Of course I clearly picked one of the most fiddly flowers in creation with which to begin my adventures in 1:12 scale flower-making -- gluing tiny little flowers onto tiny little stems was making me a bit batty by the end of an hour, but it's very satisfying and I can recommend the kits.  The instructions were a teeny bit sketchy (I'm a Virgo and I like things to be clear :)  but it all worked out okay and, like Janice, I got six blooms, enough for two small plants. 

They will eventually go in two planters I've ordered, but for now they're living in the kitchen.  I don't know if people in the early sixteenth century picked flowers for pleasure rather than medicine or herbs, but I love flowers in my own home, and I like the detail they add to a scene.

You can buy the kits directly from Bonnie Lavish's web site, or from other retailers.  I happened to buy this kit at a discount from eBay seller littleplaceminis.

10 comments:

  1. the hydrangea is a flower that fascinates me, and your have a very nice color!
    you can leave written the link where I can buy? thanks, you're a treasure!
    Caterina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I liked the pink ones. She also sells kits for green and blue ones :) I'll put the link in the post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look lovely, you did a great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, dale! It certainly built my confidence, which was about nil when I started :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. :), sounds like me, Nina, many of us start from scratch :). I love flowers too and even though I am doing a desert house, I still want flowers ..lol. Thanks for the links :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nina. You did a good job: hydrangeas seem real. I like particularly because they are not too dense.
    Beautiful color.
    A hug

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've so many posts! :o( These kits are fantastic I have a few of Bonnie's mainly weeds so far! lol They are so to scale and yes ALL the kits are fiddly! lol

    I love how you have made the stones (around the stoves etc) out of egg cartons and now coloured them too.

    It's looking wonderful! :o))
    Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Opps, meant to say I've missed so many posts! lol

    Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The flowers look great! I love this pinkish colour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The hydrangeas looks so lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails