On Friday the piece of 40 ct silk gauze I ordered from eBay arrived, and yesterday, with a certain amount of trepidation, I started stitching a tiny sampler, destined for my Mum's Edwardian roombox.
This is my first piece on 40 ct, and it shows :) I made a basic mistake, and I picked out a couple of places, but this particular sampler project goes really quickly because you don't stitch the background -- I'll mount it on a piece of off-white card before I frame it. Mistakes aside, working on gauze is truly addictive!
The chart is from Sue Heaser's book Embroidery Projects, by the way. The finished piece is about an inch wide and an inch and a third long. (Because it's for my mum, I signed it with my maiden initials, NH :)
A Drying Attic... - As I mentioned at the end of my last post, I have been working on a new roombox based on a 17th/18th century drying attic. A drying attic is a room at the...
10 hours ago