Thursday, February 2, 2012

More lights

 Ever notice how sometimes you're just in the mood for one part of working on miniatures but not another?  I'm in lighting mood, clearly :)  I added the sconces (above and below) to the Withdrawing Room yesterday evening.  With foam walls it's certainly easy -- I just jabbed a hole with a bamboo skewer and we were just about done!

 I'm going to make silver sconces for the Chinese Blue and White Room (below), to match the most adorable silver 6 armed chandelier I bought in England last year.  But I wanted this room to have some kind of light, so I installed a fire.  Again, I just had to make a hole with a skewer :)

 And as I was reviewing the contents of the rooms, I realize that this desk/bookcase that I had japanned would work perfectly in the new Library!  It really pops, doesn't it?  I'm going to make tons of really, really small books tonight so I can fill up the very narrow shelves, but I think this is where it's going to live.  I'm going to get Ray Storey to make me a little black chandelier for this room, because I long to own something by him!


6 comments:

  1. Look at you go!! Yesterday you couldn't even spell lighting and today you are a pro!!

    The changes you've made are supburb! If you are not careful, you'll have me back building something ROFLMAO!!

    WELL DONE YOU!!

    Cheers,

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lights, especially the fire. I fight with lighting every time I try to install lights :(
    You have convinced me i must have lights in my houses.

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lights, the fireplace has a real warm glow, how did you make the "fire"?
    Nice weekend
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think at the moment your library is my favourite. It looks great and the lighting always adds that extra little something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lightning mood, hmmm... I wish you would share this mood with me. I still can't talk myself in electrifying Barbie's Victorian House I started for my daughter a century ago. Love your fireplace, very fancy and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Tom :)

    DSV -- yes, you MUST have lights in your houses! They make all the difference and it's really not that hard to do, especially if you stick to round wiring.

    Maria: I didn't make that fire, it's a commercial one. It's the nicest commercial one I've ever seen -- looks really good, especially in photos :)

    Irene: Yeah, lighting always bumps everything up a few notches, I think :)

    Natalia: I'd be happy to share my mood with you, but I'd trade a lighting frenzy for your ability to do exquisite small scale needlework any day of the week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails