Friday, June 1, 2012

More miniature pottery by Sue Dix

Miniature pottery by Sue Dix

1:12 scale chamber pots by Sue Dix

I'm back in Canada, after a wonderful trip!  One of the boxes waiting for me was a custom order by American potter Sue Dix, whose work really pleases me.  She makes lovely, rustic pieces suitable for earlier period scenes, and I had ordered a number of her regular pieces.  I had also asked her to make me some chamber pots, as it's hard to find ones that look appropriate for pre mid-18th century scenes.

These were the reference photos I sent her of late 17th century chamber pots:




I think she did a brilliant job, and I now have four beautiful little chamber pots!  (I notice she has a few up for sale in her Etsy store, Suramics, right now, and I know she's always happy to make custom orders :))  Thank you, Sue!




6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing, I just hopped over and picked up 2 pieces from her shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so glad you like her work! I love being able to buy directly from the artisan, and these little pieces are just perfect for a rustic or early setting ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. As ever, Nina, you are a great source of knowledge when it comes to mini artisans, thanks for the link!

    And glad you had a good time in Blighty, it certainly looked fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute and the detail is amazing. But I don't see how you had the patience to make them all! I would go crazy having to make that many miniature pots.
    see my miniature clay pot for plants and flowers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm headed to Halifax in early October-I'm wondering if anyone knows of dollhouse or miniature shops in the area? Thanks! prgadget@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Dooger Cat! There are, sadly, no mini or dollhouse shops in Nova Scotia :( There's a great group in Dartmouth, and if your visit coincides with one of their meetings, that might be lovely. I'll try to look out their contact info.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails